Sanny

Sanny

Forgiven (Demon Trappers)

Forgiven - Jana Oliver I really thought three times would be the charm but nope, Beck and Riley wouldn’t give me the satisfaction.By this point, I’ve really grown to like Riley. Sure she’s still immature at times but she is only seventeen. She had many trials ahead of her and has grown a lot as a character since the first book and I really enjoyed reading about that. The changes are easy to pick up on and believably portrayed.Whereas I liked the changes in Riley, I had more trouble with Beck. He certainly let his inner douche out, not that he’s usually a ray of sunshine but this time around he had a mean streak. Sure, he was hurt by Riley’s actions but that is no excuse for most of his behavior. I’d really love to get a better view into his character and I absolutely hope that he’ll be able to make up for his actions in Forgiven, although Riley doesn’t seem to need any more atonement. The whole story took a turn that was really amazing to read about because now, not everything is black and white. I like how the changes were portrayed and mysteries were discovered while new questions were raised. The writing was very vivid and made out a believable journey about how there are two sides of a coin.The end felt a little hurried, everything came together a little too fast for my taste but there were many questions answers, finally! Overall though I really enjoyed this book a lot and look forward to the fourth and last installment.