Sanny

Sanny

The Lonely

The Lonely - Tara Brown All throughout reading this book, my feelings about it went back and forward.It certainly had enough potential but for me the highlight of the book was between 40-50% and with that the book could've been done for me.From that point on, my annoyance increased steadily. The typos, the grammar, the way Sarah and Michelle spoke to each other, the incosistency of Sarah's behavior: it all started to annoy the hell out of me.I liked the premise of the story, the OCD aspects and the kidnapping aspects made for a good topic and one that's undoubtly hard to write about.For me, the characters lacked depth. There was no real chemistry between Em and Sebastian or even Sarah and Eli. I constantly felt like the author wildly threw in new topics to make the story more exciting but hasn't really thought it out, too much of it just didn't make sense.And how Sarah goes from OCD to slutting it up to still a little OCD is totally beyond me but that's an example for what I mean with inconsistency. It really got on my nerves, but I'm no doctor and I don't know much about the topic which doesn't mean I have to like it though.The random plot with Dr. Bradley and Eli was just that: random. It made absoultely no sense unless the goal was to create unnecessary drama in which it succeeded. Like I said, too many random plots thrown together. And let's not forget that the good doctor and her methods are completely nuts, someone like that probably wouldn't have a license in real life or would at least be on the best way to loosing it.The last nail in the coffin was that the author got her own facts wrong. For example If Sarah was supposedly kidnapped when she was 2 years old and turned twenty just now, then the cat would be eighteen years old if she was just tiny back then not fifteen. In the end there were too many things that overshadowed the great passages and thus I'll go with 2 stars.