Sanny

Sanny

Fighting for Flight (The Fighting Series)

Fighting for Flight  - J.B. Salsbury 3.5 starsI’ve seen a lot of love for this one, but personally I found it lacking – maybe my expectations were to high but nonetheless I can’t give it more than 3.5 stars.The plot had me intrigued at first but somewhere in the middle I grew slightly bored. And with the characters I had the same problem, at first Jonah and Raven started out very likeable but then they somehow fell short. I can’t quite pinpoint what happened but somewhere along the way the book just lost its appeal, at least until I reached the last few chapters which then felt too hurried.I loved the prospect of this book as I enjoyed the fighting topic and Raven’s past but I think the author didn’t fully exploit the story’s full potential. Raven was just portrayed as the typical unknowingly beautiful virgin that we encounter in so many other novels while Jonah was the extremely possessive, yet charming counterpart. I think where Raven was lacking, Jonah was too much – I would’ve liked to see both characters more balanced and not on different ends of the scale or at least reading about the characters working their way towards that balance which didn’t happen.Again there was the big, fat “L” word much too soon for my taste but it seems like I just have to reconcile myself that it will keep on happening in every second romance novel that I pick up – that doesn’t mean though that I have to like it. While this book will never be one of my favorites, it entertained me enough so that I will pick up the second installment once it’s released.