Sanny

Sanny

Walking Disaster: A Novel

Walking Disaster - Jamie McGuire When I first joined GR, I stumbled across Beautiful Disaster but the overwhelming negative reviews made me pause. Some of those reviews made this book out to be extremely abusive and whatnot. At some point I finally ignored all those negative reviews and finally read the book.And guess what? I liked it! For hours after turning the last page I wondered what was up with all those negative reviews – you see, I can’t quite get it. Travis never physically hurts a woman in this book. And now come on, gimme the emotional abuse line. You know, every second male Alpha character is portrayed as man whore – Travis isn’t different in that matter. Is there emotional abuse concerning Abby? Nope, not as I see it. While Travis is rather volatile and emotional, Abby is a little more cautious but that doesn’t mean he abuses her emotionally. No, they both give as good as they good.It’s a typical young love, with dramatics and shouting matches and insane events that only two young lovers can fabricate. I’m not saying what they did was healthy, but hey, it’s a book and enough people actually make the same mistakes real life. They lack communication and trust, maybe due to their past or some other reason but either way, shit happens. That doesn’t make Travis abusive.It makes them young people that do irrational things because they are in love and the world starts and ends with that person. Can’t you remember how it was when you first fell in love? How your whole life was consumed by this one person? Maybe you can’t, but I can and that’s why I enjoyed this book so much. The events weren’t always realistic but there wasn’t a boring chapter in this book, be in the interactions between Travis and Abby or Travis fighting scene or Abby meeting Travis’s family. All characters were really well written just like the story, even if some events seemed to be a little unrealistic. The story flows nicely though and I quickly found myself liking most of the introduced characters.So if you still have trouble deciding if you should read this or not: forget about the reviews, stop thinking, pick up the book, keep an open mind and you might enjoy the story just as much as I did.