Sanny

Sanny

Release Me: A Novel

Release Me - J. Kenner As usual I was hesitant because this book was advertised for people that loved FSoG. But since it way always advertised for Fans of Bared to You, I had a 50:50 chance of enjoying it and that’s what happened.With the abundance of sexy billionaire books that don’t know the word “no”, it’s not always easy to find unique books. Release Me made the topic its own with different, believable and quirky characters and an interesting plot. For me there’s no need to compare it to either of the other two billionaire books.The writing was vivid, as well as fluid and I had no troubles picturing anything the author told us. The chemistry between Nikki and Damien was easy to spot and I thoroughly enjoyed their dialogues and interactions. Some scenes between them are seriously steamy and fans of hot sex scenes won’t be disappointed. I just couldn’t help it but love their dynamic.I like the way Nikki is portrayed. She has a hard past despite which she doesn’t come off as weak. She wasn’t your typical virgin sacrifice but a strong, independent woman in her own right. She stands up for herself and tries to overcome what happened to her – she fights and that’s what counts for me.”A fiery woman who says “yes” on her own terms.”Damien comes across as intense and extremely confident, but his past bears demons as well. I found it interesting that the author gave him a physical attribute that should take away from his perfectness but it definitely didn’t, it only enforced his appearance in my imagination.The plot focuses on their relationship, you won’t find any major twists that will shock you to no end and I hope that will change a bit in the second installment. While I enjoyed reading about Nikki and Damien’s relationship, I’d also like a little more.One more thing, while Damien certainly has a dominant and kinky side to him, he’s not a Dom but that definitely didn’t take away from the steamy for me – it was still hot.So with that 4 solid stars and I’m looking forward to get my hands on the next installment.