Sanny

Sanny

If Only (Captured, book 1)

If Only (Captured, book 1) - Louise J What I can I say?The first chapter was awesome and from there on it went extremely downhill. Around 40% I had to talk myself into reading on and that shouldn't be. I'm not sure I can actually pinpoint what annoyed me so much but I'll try.I've got no issues with love triangles themselves but really over 10 damn years? Had I been in Joe's place, I would've told Callie "Fuck you." a long time ago. She's the kind of woman that I try to stay far, far away from in real life. And women like her are the reason why I have more male friends than female ones. She is whiny, bitchy, insecure (even if the author tries to portray her differently) and downright immature and that throughout the WHOLE book. I absolutely can't stand her whiny ass.From here on out there'll be spoilers - so only read on if you don't care about that: The way she keeps stringing guys along even though she knows that she loves Joe the most is just wrong. And the reason why she stringed others along instead of going for Joe whom she really wants is even worse. She strings one guy along for seven years just because she thinks that Joe doesn't want a commitment. Reasoning that she loves Nick as well is no goddamn excuse when she keeps repeating that Joe is her soul mate.Oh and really, even after being friends for 7 years, they actually seem to think that an engagement one day after they FINALLY talk about their feelings is an good idea. And obviously a wedding 6 days later is an even better idea. Meh...And wouldn't you guess it? At the first sign of trouble (after not even dating for a whole week) Callie runs away as fast as possible - Smart move, really. Woman, you claim the guy is your soul mate and you freak at the FIRST FUCKING sign of trouble and run?! For 3 goddamn years? What the hell is wrong with you?This didn't work for me, not at all. Not the characters, not the plot, not the writing.Sorry for the rant.