Sanny

Sanny

Forbidden (Demon Trappers)

Forbidden - Jana Oliver 3.5 starsHere we go again with another episode of Riley and her merry band of men. I’m glad to say that the Demon trapping got a lot more interesting than Riley’s first try in book one but again it takes a bit to get to the gist of the story. Once more there are multiple mysteries and there’s just added to them, it takes a long time for even the smallest things to fall in place. I got seriously upset about Simon’s behavior and although I had my own theories, I was really wrong! I couldn’t have guessed in what direction this book took me and I love that so much about a story. The authors writing style kept me engaged and guessing from start to end and I’m glad that I stuck with this series after my initial mixed reactions to book one. This time around we also get a lot more answers, things clicked in place and I was able to see the bigger picture behind the story which was awesome because I hadn’t expected such a web of connected events. I must say though, the situation between Beck and Riley drove me nuts – REALLY, really nuts. How long can two people possibly dance around each other without owning up to their feeling? Probably a lot longer than Riley and Beck, but to me it still feels forever. The hot and cold situation between them is a big part for the story but I’m more than ready for it to be resolved!