Sanny

Sanny

Comfort Food

Comfort Food - Kitty Thomas This is probably one of the hardest books to review – it’s extremely difficult to explain why such a book deserves a 5 star rating, I’ll try nonetheless.Kitty Thomas waves an intriguing, yet dark and disturbing tale that will totally fuck with your mind. The story of Emily and her master is unique and the reader is kept in the dark just as much as Emily – we barely get a chance to see in her Master’s mind but that doesn’t take away from the story at all.Instead you’ll find a vivid tale about a life changed by submission, following directions, the Stockholm syndrome and in the end being able to stick with your own choice no matter what other’s think about it. Many scenes in this book reminded me of the behavioral conditioning theories as there are several similarities. For example, Emily mostly learned by means of punishment and reward and consequence the conditioning of Emily’s emotional responses.While some details were obvious, there were still enough twists to surprise me. Suspecting or not, this book still held my attention from start to end and I literally couldn’t stop reading until I reached the last page. So if you are looking for something twisted, this is definitely the right book for you!