Sanny

Sanny

Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel

Bared to You - Sylvia Day Whenever books are compared to other popular books, especially ones that I didn’t like, I go back and forward arguing with myself if I should bother reading it. This time around, I was really glad that I read it because I unexpectedly enjoyed it.While dark, tortured billionaires picking up virgins are currently a hot topic that makes it hard to distinguish between the good ones that have managed to build their own unique world and the bad ones that simply try to imitate what was already written.For me, Bared to you definitely fell into the first category, not once while reading have I felt the need to compare it to FSOG and I’m REALLY happy about that as it usually leads to one of my page long rants. Yes, if I wanted I could point out similarities and differences but I think itg might only be fair if I judged this one without any of that.At first I had a little trouble connecting to Gideon but that changed soon enough and I came to appreciate his character a little more – although I still take a little issue with his extreme controlling ways. If I ever met a man like him, I’d probably spent all day long arguing with him. He tries to control every little aspect of Eva’s life and that mostly successful.I would’ve wished for Eva to oppose him more than she did, but that might just be my personality as I sometimes tend to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing. Eva however was instantly awed by this powerful man and while I can’t deny that there IS something extremely sexy about a powerful man, she still should’ve opposed him more.But all in all, 4 solid stars for a good book that kept me entertained from start to end.