Sanny

Sanny

All In: The Blackstone Affair, Book 2

All In  - Raine Miller Maximum 1.5 starsI should’ve just said screw the money and skipped this one, but nope, I paid for it, so I had to read it – even though I knew that I probably wouldn’t enjoy it. Ugh, and I was right… I didn’t enjoy it one bit. The writing was better than the first book but I was still seriously bored throughout the entire book but not much and not enough to save this book for me.There were still quite a few grammar errors, awkward sentence structure and typos and that just shouldn’t happen. Oh and also plot holes, some of them rather minor like this one: “I reached for her top. It was a one stop shop too. Nothing underneath.”This one sounds a lot better to me, although there are probably 10 different ways to avoid such an awkward tangle of sentences: “Reaching for her top, I encountered a one stop shop as she wore nothing underneath.”But the best about this? Just before that scene Brynne was out jogging. Seriously what the fuck? She went jogging without a bra?! So my conclusion is that a) she has no boobs (although Ethan makes sure that we know that she DOES have boobs) or b) that was a fucking uncomfortable jog. I dare you, go jogging without a bra – it’s no damn fun and on a random note, it can also give you stretch marks and saggy boobs.Another one: “I picked up her wrist with the scars and kissed right over the jagged marks.” I don’t know how many times they’ve had sex by now but you’d think those scars would’ve been mentioned before since having a scar like that is a significant detail. Nope. It took 1.5 books for the scars to be mentioned.Or this one: “She faced me, but her head was turned down and curled around her arm.”Okaaaaay… wait, what? See what I mean about grammar and awkward sentence structure? I’ve read this sentence about twenty times now and still can’t picture what the author is trying to tell us, and that’s not even considering the fact that I don’t know how the hell she curled her head around her arm.One more, because ranting is much more fun that reading this book: “[…]that intoxicated. It intoxicated me just now as it intoxicated me on the very first night we met.And I only have one thing to say about that: Synonyms are encouraged in creative writing. Although the author proves that she knows synonyms because she’s using around 5 different ones for vagina on one page.Okay, one more (Sorry, I just can’t stop): “She nuzzled against my neck and chest, and felt very soft and warm despite it being night and we were outside, and she was totally naked.”Do I even need to say anything?And honestly Ethan, do you seriously need to be jealous of your own father? Is your dick that small that you feel the need to prove your ownership over Brynne towards YOUR FATHER?I think that’s enough of ranting, because nothing else would come in this review besides more ranting and I’m nice enough to spare you that ;-) I’m sorry but this book frustrated me immensely and it was definitely the last book in “The Blackstone Affair” that I read.