Sanny

Sanny

Naked: The Blackstone Affair Part 1

Naked  - Raine Miller Many of my friends liked this one a lot, so my expectations were high. Sadly, this book didn’t work for me. At all.This is a short book and that should’ve probably given me the first clue – things progressed way to fast for my taste. There was too much sex at the beginning without much emotional connection just to be followed by love declarations after a couple of days – definitely not my cup of tea. Sex early on is fine, but I absolutely can’t stands declarations of love after seeing each other maybe 4 times and the main characters claiming that this one is forever after a short amount of time. It’s so damn unrealistic in my eyes (sue me, I’m a pessimist) and didn’t work for me in this book at all.What also bothered me a lot was that it was so utterly predictable that everyone probably could’ve written a rough outline of the story after reading the Prologue. If you already tell me at the beginning of your book how this will play out (and let’s be honest there was only one way this could play out in a typical romance novel) then why should I read the whole damn book? A glimpse in the future is fine, but not one that will instantly let me know the whole plot and even worse, that plot I worked out is actually true. So a) give me a glimpse that will not tell me the plot or b) don’t give me any hints. But the way this one was written took every last bit of expense pout of the book.Last but not least the sex… Oh boy where do I start? I like the occasional erotica but the sex in this book was just… I wish I could think of an appropriate word... Just give me a second… Ah, yes! The sex was extremely horrible. And if the first three meetings of the main characters consist of sexual action, then the sex better not be that bad. Sadly it was that bad. My to favorite worst lines are probably: “his pummeling cock" and "I sobbed at the image of him mounting me"I’m not even sure where to start with all the things seriously screwed up about this. There’s no erotic image portrayed, although I suppose that might be an issue of personal taste. But really, pummeling, sobbing and mounting? I can’t get over it. And I’m sorry to say, but this book held, without question, a few of the worst sex scenes I’ve EVER read. Sadly I already bought the second book, so I’ll mostly likely suffer through that one as well.