Sanny

Sanny

Beautiful Bastard

Beautiful Bastard - Christina Lauren I already liked this one as FanFiction and still like it now. I can’t say much about the editing as it’s been quite a while since I first read it but I think that’s secondary to enjoying a book anyway and there were no unwanted „TWILIGHT“ signs flashing in my head, so that is a huge bonus.I like the humor, the beautiful bastard himself and also his secretary, Chloe. For me it’s a fun, easy and quick read that I really enjoyed. And I’m certainly looking forward to the second book. The banter between the two main characters entertained me through the complete book as there was never a dull moment and a lot of laughter. The humor might not be for everyone and the sex scenes probably neither. I found the sex scenes entertaining as well but not very steamy, they made me laugh more which probably wasn’t entirely the goal but hey, as long as it works.On a random note, do you realize how hard it is to rip a piece of clothes? I always laugh about that in so many books because these bad, bad guys rip them like they are nothing which ain’t true – honestly, I tested it lol. But it’s all in good fun and didn’t bother me. Anyways, I think we can all agree that Bennett was a huge jerk and to say it in Chloe’s words, had he kept his mouth shut he probably would be perfect. Luckily he didn’t keep his mouth shut and that ensured A LOT of arguing that kept me reading and laughing. And let’s not forget that Chloe gave back as good as she got.Oh, and I also liked that Chloe, despite succumbing to his sexual ways, still stood up for herself. She wasn’t a doormat drowning in self-pity – another thing I enjoyed about this book. All in all, I’m glad that I picked this up despite the mixed reviews.