Sanny

Sanny

Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone)

Daughter of Smoke & Bone  - Laini Taylor It's been several days now since I've read this and still I'm at a loss for words to write a proper review. This book enchanted me completely and stole me away to another world. I enjoyed every single second of it and there was never a dull moment, not even a chapter that I could've done without. Reading this book was no hardship and I gladly would've read another thousands pages about this world and its heroes, as well as villains.Heroes and villains - there are certainly enough of each category and often do I find myself caring even about the smallest of characters and wanting to know more about them. I want to know their history, the feelings and their dreams. I want to maim and punch the bad guys and laugh right along with Zuzana and Lissa. I want to watch Brimstone work his magic and Karou drawing while Akiva lounges beside her. For almost every heartache you experience throughout the book, there'll also be a smile and laughter.One minute I was close to crying and the next I was laughing, I was certain I had a severe case of whiplash after I turned the last page but it was worth every single second.All the characters are quirky and unique, just like the storyline and that makes this book a true gem. Laini Taylor created one of the best worlds I've had the pleasure to read about. She draws you in and won't let you go anymore. I could post pages upon pages of quotes until I'd end up reposting the whole book (yes, it was that damn good).I tend to be picky with fantasy/paranormal, especially when it comes to angels, but this time around, there simply was no other choice but to fall in love with this book.