Sanny

Sanny

Cross My Heart

Cross My Heart - Katie Klein I think that I've fallen in love with this book.I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the summary, but definitely not that I'd finish this book in one sitting and love it so much.The main character Jaden is introduced as a sunshine working her ass off for charity cases. At first I was puzzled because I thought she didn't seem passionate about it but getting further into the story it started to fall into place.Jaden has it all: a cute boyfriend, a perfect GPA, a loving family. But as her older brother tells her so charmingly, she's a control freak.In the course of this book, Jaden learns that life doesn't always go the way she plans/wants; and that's a hard lesson for her. This is one of the reasons why I could identify myself so good with this book.The relationship between Parker and Jaden progresses slowly at first while they work together on their English project. They get to know each other and Parker succeeds in steering Jaden from her straight path - with these experiences (good and bad) she starts growing.Throughout the Book, there are many things revealed about Parker. And while there's a hint here and there, I would've never guessed what's really behind Parker story. When all the lies come into the open, I felt as betrayed as Jaden did because I didn't see it coming and loved his character, just to find out how much of his story was a lie.I also love the symbolism in form of the bathroom faucet. All throughout the book, Jaden asks her dad to fix it for her and it falls on deaf ears until Parker fixes it. And then there's the glitter at the beginning in the book which keeps fading the more the story progresses.I'll definitely read this book again, probably with different eyes the second time around. And I will also check out more books by Katie Klein as her writing style appeals to me a lot.