Sanny

Sanny

Behind the Shattered Glass: A Lady Emily Mystery (Lady Emily Mysteries)

Behind the Shattered Glass - Tasha Alexander Love, love, love.This book had the perfect mix of love, sex, humor, drama, heartbreak and mystery for me. There's a bit of everything and just in the right dose. I adored the main characters and would love to read more about them, although I'm just as excited to read Cai's story who might not be as innocent as he sounded at first but I got a definite soft spot for the kid.Austin's story really moved me and I can't say it often enough: I really fucking hate judgemental idiots. Nobody can't help who they fall in love with and sadly enough, homosexual relationships are still a focus point for haters. I never understood what the problem is and probably never will, I'm glad though that authors like Dani Alexander remind people that it's still problem today. In the story, Austin's humor (and sometimes gallow humor) often counteracted the harsh words regarding his sexual oriention (which honestly should be nobody's business but his own).Peter is an unique character that I instantly loved even when I wanted to yell at him for being an idiot. I can't relate what goes through a person's mind or what the person has lived trough in order to push people away by offering sex as a substitute for almost everything. No matter what situation Peter finds himself in, he always tries to fix it with sex. He is scared: let's have sex. He needs money: let's have sex. He feels insecure: let's have sex. I found myself completely fascinated by his way of thinking, maybe even because I can't personally relate to it.But in the end, Austin and Peter both do some growing up and work towards becoming the person they want to be. It's a lovely journey that I thoroughly enjoyed. The story itself is at times a little far-fetched but I didn't mind that at all in this case because it also provided some nice action and mystery. There's not only a love story here but also a nice plot that kept me guessing the whole time and which I would've never figured out on my own. The author has a definite way with words and wrote a beautifully flowing story that I couldn't read fast enough.So in logical consequence: 5 captivating stars.