Sanny

Sanny

Hitler's Jewish Soldiers: The Untold Story of Nazi Racial Laws and Men of Jewish Descent in the German Military (Modern War Studies) - Bryan Mark Rigg, Theodore A. Wilson I struggled a lot between 3 and 4 stars but in the end, I chose 3.I liked the story and adored the characters, especially Rule and his friends. Although it took me a bit to warm up to Shaw as I perceived her as rather weak in the beginning and that's just not the kind of character I like, honestly she came across as a doormat. But later in the story when she grew more confident, I liked her just fine.Rule certainly wasn't perfect either but I just have a soft spot for tattoo artists, tattoos and piercings.But most important: both main characters show a development that I enjoyed to read about.The story itself wasn't bad, it was enjoyable and kept me reading but I just didn't feel like it was something new. I'm not sure how to explain that properly, it's just the way I feel.Last but not least: the grammar, spelling and typos. I did read the author's Q&A but it's just something that annoys me extremely (probably as much as the author is annoyed about the grammar comments). The thing is, if there's a mistake on almost every page and if I have to re-read a sentences more than twice (e.g. because the punctuation isn't correct an the sentence makes no sense) then I'm too preoccupied with correcting the sentences instead of enjoying the story and I kust can't overlook that.I'm not saying that a book has to be perfect without a single mistake, we are just human and all make mistakes but this was on the extremer side. So if you have a similar problem with the mistakes mentioned above, do yourself a favor and read the edited version because you'll enjoy that one a lot more as I'm positive that would've been the case for me.