Sanny

Sanny

The Pleasures of Winter

The Pleasures of Winter - Evie Hunter Well, it was okay but nothing more.I constantly felt like the author tried to hard: plane crash, drug bosses, movie stars and then some BDSM into the mix. There were several plotholes that annoyed me and I'll spare you a repeat of them all. I had trouble understanding Abbie's thoughts, as well as her actions and thus got easily bored with the book. Everything was just so random and she was one indecisive chick. To top it off, she vows to get back at Jack (more than once even), but then keeps on forgiving him and forgiving him and forgiving him without a second thought. She completely forgets what she wants/needs from the relationship or why she is mad at him as soon as he waves his genitals at her. Jack, geez what can I say about him? Had a virtual stranger (which he was after only knowing each other a few days) dragged me off to a cave and spanked me out of nowhere, I probably would have ripped off some of his most loved body parts. What the fuck is wrong with him? He supposedly goes by "safe, sane and consensual" but how the fuck does that add up to dragging some woman away and spanking her through her struggles? I don't see any consent there, no matter how much she enjoyed it in the end.The BDSM parts: pretty standard stuff, although I so don't get why every, serisouly EVERY, second BDSM novel uses the same damn scene remote controlled vibrator while on a date/family meeting. People need to start thinking of something new, it starts to get really old.So in the end, I read through it without trouble but I also could've done without reading this book thus indifferent 3 stars.