Sanny

Sanny

Filthy Smut (Vol. 1): 37 Erotic Stories (Over 300 Pages of Hot Sex)

Filthy Smut (Vol. 1): 37 Erotic Stories - Alora Matisse Where to begin?It's probably pointless to point out that this was written BEFORE 50 Shades and thus people should stop whining about the similarties and think for a moment: This author didn't rip off your precious 50 shades. Sorry, couldn't help myself, it's getting on my nerves big time and I'm trying hard not to turn this into a rant against 50 shades. Instead I want to focus on something else first: why does everyone whine about fanfiction authors being published? Is someone forcing you to buy their books? Is someone forcing you to read them?No. And no. So, what.the.hell? These authors also worked to write their story and while I don't agree with the "Take it offline, switch names and publish it" methode, I don't mind people publishing their work. Apparantly there's a market for it or else they wouldn't be published.I won't argue that fanfiction and novels are two entirely different things but why, oh why, blame the author for something other people obviously want to read?I also dislike bad editing but badmouthing someonelse's work just because you don't like that it was written as fanfcition and only for that reason?Yeah, I don't get it. Sorry for the rant guys.On to the book, I like the story. I know that it wasn't edited very much or at least it read that way to me. This was probably a case of the name switching routine.It doesn't matter though, the book kept me engaged and there weren't too many Twilight traits that kept the "OH BELLA AND EDWARD" signs flashing in my mind.I've read a few reviews where people described this book as cold and clinical and I agree, BUT it was that way for a reason and so it didn't bother me at all. The BDSM part of it was "standard" and nothing hardcore and probably won't freak out the majority of erotica readers.This definitely wasn't one of the best books I read, but it kept my attention and I read it in a span of hours. And I plan on reading book 2 and 3 because I already liked them better as fanficition than the first installment.