Sanny

Sanny

The Angel (The Original Sinners)

The Angel (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz Honest. Raw. Dark. Enticing. Enthralling. Beautiful. Heartbreaking. And in one more word: genius.Let me start by saying that I’m usually very wary when it comes to modern BDSM fiction. More often than not the concept of BDSM will be twisted into something that’s only for depraved, broken people with deep psychological problems.But this time around I opened a book and stepped into another world. Tiffany Reisz held me prisoner in Nora’s world with the very first word I read. She managed to capture many true facets of this world because within BDSM one will meet many different characters and Tiffany Reisz gave most of them a name and told many different stories within a bigger one.The author makes it abundantly clear that there isn’t only the light, playful side to BDSM as many other authors do. No, she shows the darker parts and honest mistakes that might happen. She shows the trust bestowed up on your partner and how things can go terribly wrong, for example: What happens when you forget your safe word when your Dom trusts that you’ll remember it if you can’t take it anymore?Ask Nora, she can tell you a story about that.But then she also enthralls her readers in the many different reasons why people even engage in BDSM; what it does to them and why they treasure it above almost anything else. Like I said, Reisz beautifully weaves many of these facets into her story.Bestselling writer Nora Sutherland is a brilliant character. I loved her and her blunt, unfiltered comments right from the start. She has a way of drawing her audience in, male or female, as writer or as Dominatrix or as submissive. There aren’t enough words to describe Nora properly, you just have to experience her yourself.Wesley is Nora’s sweet, innocent and very vanilla intern; he is so sweet that he might give you a tooth ache. At first I was seriously puzzled by his involvement in the story but nonetheless he became one of my favorite characters. Let me tell you, there aren’t many teenage boys that would’ve shown such a level of restraint that Wesley displayed; I’m no teenage boy and I probably wouldn’t have ;).Zach, Nora’s editor, plays the part of the guilt-ridden male and I thoroughly enjoyed his and Nora’s dialogues. He is still in love with his ex-wife but Nora helps him to open his eyes and finally realized what’s been happening in his marriage all these years. There were many more characters, some more minor than other, introduced and I could sit here forever describing what I loved about them but I don’t want to spoil too much of the story. Meet the other characters firsthand as many of them are worth it no matter how minor their role.Last but not least the one element in this book that was very hard for me to deal with: Søren. Hell, did I struggle with his character and not because he’s a Sadist (to each their own). I struggled with him because he had a cake and fucking ate it, too, and sometimes that just shouldn’t happen. He’s a catholic priest and that right there is why I can’t stand his character. Technically I’m catholic but I’m not a believer, especially not in the catholic church. Søren knew very well what his vows would entail, yet he took them and still continued on with his relationship with Nora. It’s wrong and it makes me seriously mad. On the other hand, Reisz portrays true image for me: the catholic church always did what the fuck they wanted and always will, no matter the repercussions. They think they stand above anything else and are happy to impose ridiculous morals on society which they can’t even live by themselves. Sorry for the rant but I just HAD to say it.It’s the first time I read a book that brought BDSM and religion together in such a sense and it was completely intriguing. So much even that I directly started on the second book and couldn’t put that one down either.In short, a definite must read and new favorite of mine!