Sanny

Sanny

Stolen

Stolen - Lucy Christopher Let me start by saying that I didn't expect the book to turn out this way. I was caught off-guard because I was expecting another dark and humilating tale but Stolen was different.The story of Gemma's kidnapping was masterfully written, the writing style hooked me already on the first page. Gemma's voice is honest and confused, yet strong and stubborn. By seeing everything through her eyes, you are in her head and experience 'first hand' how sudden the lines between captor and captive can blur.Ty provoked many emotions and I would've loved a glimpse into his head. There are many sides to him - at times he's angry and hostile, then he's gentle and sweet but then there are also the times when he made me think of a little lost boy that doesn't understand how the world around him works. Furthermore he always respects Gemma's physical boundaries and in the end, he even develops enough to go through with the most selfless act he could've come up with in this situation. If you are looking for a story filled with suspense and darkness, you won't find it here and that's why this story is something else, maybe something more.I thoroughly enjoyed the little stories about the Australian outback and the almost calm manner in which this story was told. The end surprised the hell out of me and there were even a few tears there. This book won't be for everyone, some might be bored with it but it certainly found its way on my favourite shelf.