Sanny

Sanny

Shadows (A Lux Novel)

Shadows (Lux, #0.5) - Jennifer L. Armentrout After being very reserved when it came to this series, I'm more than surprised by how much I enjoyed reading this.Aliens totally aren't my thing but Armentrout made it work for me. The sci-fi is there but not as extreme as I expected. The love story between Dawson and Bethany is the focus point (at least for me ;)).The story is fast-paced, even though the story line covers a few months. Maybe a bit too fast-paced, but as "Shadows" is a prequel, I can overlook that.As much as I'm not for sci-fi, I wished there were more explanations. For example, right at the start, "DOD" is mentioned and keeps being mentioned all throughout the book - I haven't found an explanation as to what exactly "DOD" stands for (although I have an idea). I hope that will change in the next installment.I won't even talk much about the storyline as I won't be able to do it justice.So, there we go: 4 solid stars.And thanks Kris, for making this series sound irresistible - otherwise I would've missed a great read!