Sanny

Sanny

Escaping Reality - Lisa Renee Jones I really enjoyed Lisa Renee Jones’s Inside Out Trilogy, so seeing this title on NetGalley, I was quick to request it and more that glad that I was approved.

Had I known before that I would encounter another millionaire/billionaire story, I probably would have thought twice. I readily admit that it was my own fault for not reading the synopsis and while this isn’t quite your typical storyline of the genre, I still think that there are already more than enough books with a similar theme going.

I’m still not quite sure how I feel about the female main character. She acted completely different than I would’ve expected for someone in her situation. For one she trusted Liam very fast and even though she thought a couple of times that something was wrong, she never truly explored that feeling of ‘wrongness’ – she was easily distracted by the males around her and then forgot about her troubles again until she was alone. There were so many things that should’ve raised her attention in a much stronger fashion.

Liam Stone was definitely a fine piece of alpha maleness and again I have to admit that I was blindsided by him as well. I have absolutely no idea what his game is but the chemistry between him and Amy was amazing.

The story sucked me right in and I had a hard time putting the book down at all but somehow I read a complete book and didn’t get a single answer – NOT ONE. Instead I got left with a cliffhanger.

All in all, my feelings towards this book are pretty mixed and that’s why I can go with 3 stars max. I enjoyed the story but I also expected at least a few answers, instead I was left completely hanging and that has me unbelievably frustrated.

ARC provided by Julie Patra Publishing via NetGalley.