Sanny

Sanny

Own the Wind: A Chaos Novel - Kristen Ashley Wow, I don’t even know where to start to express all my love for this book!

Let’s see… This was my first Kristen Ashley book and it certainly delivered what people told me about. I was sucked in right from the start and was captivated all throughout the book till I reached the end. I still wish the end had never come because I feel like I could just pick up the book once more and start reading it all over again.

It didn’t even take me one chapter to start crushing on Shy and by the time I was done with the book, I was completely in love with him. I’m not sure how Kristen Ashley did it but she wrote the perfect male specimen. He’s sometimes rough and stubborn but he always has Tabby’s best interest at heart. He doesn’t need fancy words and love poems to make Tabby’s (and my) heart melt, he can do it by simply being his amazing self. On top of that he’s incredibly loyal, family is everything to him and let’s not forget that the man is oozing sexiness. I just get him.

But I have to say that Tabby is just as great. She refuses to back down when she wants to make a point but also knows to concede when she’s in the wrong. I love how easily you can see her change from a sometimes immature teenager with too many troubles into a young woman that learns to deal with life’s tragedies and heartbreak. I thought it really endearing how she learned her way around life with a biker boss at her side.

In fact, both characters show a considerate development not only for themselves but also in terms of being in a relationship. They learn how to deal with little disagreements, as well as bigger fights and it absolutely amazed me how Shy always managed to explain his way of acting or thinking. Those little tidbits were incredibly precious and part of why he is such an amazing man in my eyes.

But there are many more characters than just these two and each and every one of them is fleshed out with such loving detail that I had no trouble liking or feeling for any of them. Natalie for example wasn’t the most lovable character and still I felt sorry for her that she wasn’t able to take the hand Tabby and Shy offered her. Kristen Ashley managed to make me care about every one of them, no matter how small their part.

The plot offered many other facets besides the love story between Tabby and Shy, e.g. Shy’s parents or the situation around Natalie which I’m guessing is already a setup for future installments of the series and it definitely was a great mix of growing up, action, steamy and love. I’d even say there’s something for everyone in there, although I really loved all of it.

The language, while simple, took me a bit to get used to or maybe just the dialogues but it still was completely fitting for the topic being a Motorcycle Club – it came across as easily believable and rounded the book up nicely.

I’m not even sure how to go on after this gem because I doubt that anyone can hold a candle to Shy right about now and I got no idea how Kristen Ashley will able to top herself!