Sanny

Sanny

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1)

The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) - Jessica Sorensen I'm a sucker for nice covers and I'm a sucker for clichès like kissing in the rain.So that's already two good points. Even better though was the story itself - it was a simple but very intense. I enjoyed getting to know Callie and Kaden as they learned about themselves and developed trust to each other.Callie is sad but very gentle and once she came a little out of her shell, it was easy to see why Kayden fell in love with her. Oh that reminds me, there's no talk about loving each other - none of that "I love you so much and can't live without you" after two days. I really liked that about this book. Love and trust takes time and this book makes a lovely but hard journey out of it.Both have their issues but both are trying to work them out, sometimes more and sometimes less successful. There's a wide array of emotions in this book. To name a few of them: giddiness, love, joy, lust, anger, intense fear and shame.I can't imagine going through the hardships Callie had to live through and not talking about any of it for six years. Kudos to Seth for earning her trust and helping her find herself. Seth is easily one of mos likeable secondary characters, as well as Luke. They all have their story and their burden and yet together as friends they work.I only wish I could read the second book, especially becaus eof the cliffhanger at the end which left me feeling like a part of the story was missing. Other than that I have no complaints, expect that it was too short and I would've liked to read more.There's one absolutely beautiful quote that I have to share: "In the existence of our lives, there is a single coincidence that brings us together and for a moment, our hearts beat as one."